Here are the edited, condensed minutes of the February 3rd senate meeting:
Welcome to our newly elected senator, Jose Espinoza!
President’s Report, Quentin Becker:
- We will be getting high top tables for back Caf, close to outlets. Purchased by Diane Fout, out of the University’s capital improvements budget.
- President Carey is in support of the Student Art Collection
- There will be trees and green space in Back Circle in August of 2016
- The VP of Student Affairs Announcement will likely be Thursday or Friday
Vice President’s Report, Malory Thelen:
- Currently requesting student input on how to make the commencement ceremony more fun
Chief of Finance, Cole Green:
- Current TUSGA Budget:
- General Expenses $1776.14
- Student Affairs $1,109.40
- Academic Affairs $1,400.00
- End of Year Awards $650.00
- Total $4,935.54
Academic Affairs, Lauren Gilbert:
- Dr. Shearer, former Transylvania president, will be joining us for lunch in the Caf on Thursday, February 11th during Open Hour; open to all students
- There is plans to begin working with Dean Bryan to create a database for syllabuses with access for all students.
- There are plans to reevaluate the Premier Scholarships and continuing education or opportunities for awarded scholars
- The proposal to included May Term Travel Course expense into tuition has been approved by the Accounting, Financial Aid, and Admissions offices. The President should be officially approving it by next week. The final version will come to the body to be passed next week, and the [ilot program should be kicking off in the Fall of 2016.
- The letter to CPC stating the support of increasing class time was edited and approved by TUSGA.
Student Affairs, Claire Gardner:
- Summer Storage has 25 interested Students
- Thomas Field access is in progress; to be open for warmer weather
- Senator Rachel Young is meeting with the Coke representative tomorrow at 3 about styrofoam cups