Here are the edited, condensed minutes of the February 10th senate meeting:
President’s Report, Quentin Becker:
- Two resignations from SGA have been received, McKenzie Gearheart and Kyle DePasquale. A special election will be held next week, February 17th, to fill the two open seats.
Chief of Finance, Cole Green:
- Habitat for Humanity, represented by chapter president JT Henderson, requested funds that would lead to more money being raised and offered, and provide more building opportunities for Transy students. JT and the chapter has checked with SAB, and done fundraisers with Insomnia and Buffalo Wild Wings, and have a fundraising event planned for April 30. Approved.
Academic Affairs, Lauren Gilbert:
- There is a syllabi database that we are working on to become available to students.
- Academic Affairs will be working on improving Study Abroad (per Dean Bryan’s request). If you have complaints, any kind of student input, suggestions, or want to help, contact Chloe Hunt, Tucker Reed, Catherine Clark, or Lauren Gilbert.
- GE subcommittee is creating evaluations for each competency area.
- FYSE improvements will probably be taken on by Pound Chen.
- Faculty lunches: please attend, and advertise them on blackboards.
May Term proposal is set for launch next year, and will be up for a full vote next Wednesday.
- Dr. Shearer’s lunch is Thursday, Feb 11.
Student Affairs, Claire Gardner:
- Ryan Hanson: We will try to correct the issue with the General Fees brought up by Marc Matthews during the budget presentation, so that it is clear whether the money is going towards room and board or tuition or faculty, etc. It was attempted before
- PAPER CUPS are back.
- Open hours for the swimming pool are coming back once the swim team is done with their season.
- Presli and Claire are looking into IT issues, such as double-sided printing.
- Summer Storage: Pound Chen, Gage Abell, Daniel Cooper.
- Working on getting a rolling white board for Dalton-Voight Study Lounge: Catherine Clark
- Continuing to work on low-flow toilets: Shelby Lewis
- Longer Library hours: Hussain Siddiqi
- Rachel Young presented a resolution to hire a full-time Sustainability Coordinator at Transy. Angela Poe left last year, and now the position has been grouped in with someone else’s job description, and it is unclear as to who is in charge. Additionally, the person with the new responsibilities does not have time for 2 jobs. The budget for her job has been absorbed by another position, Natasha Begin. SGA approved the resolution.