Here are the edited, condensed minutes of the February 24th senate meeting:
Vice President’s Report, Malory Thelen
- Research Symposium: spread the word to Transy students to sign up to present their research at the symposium
Academic Affairs, Lauren Gilbert
- Yearbooks: looking to gage student interest to pursue this project. Yearbooks would be beneficial to both students and the Alumni and Development Office. Contact: Katie Tucker
- Study Abroad improvements are still being discussed, specifically ways to improve it without spending any money. Anyone with ideas, input, or interest, contact Lauren Gilbert or Chloe Hunt.
- With the May Term Travel Course Payment Plan approved, SGA and PR will be sending out 3 letters concerning the program to different groups of students: one to admitted students this spring, to the current first-year students, and to the faculty.
- We will also be going to FYRS classes to give a quick, 5 minute presentation and giving out brochures.
- Living Learning Communities: SGA will be meeting with UK to understand their current Living Learning Communities. With these specifics, Dean Bryan will support. Contact: Riley Bresnahan
Student Affairs, Claire Gardner
- There are plans to use SGA money to fund a Student Government Retreat for next year’s senate. Contact: Hussain Siddiqi