Here are the edited, condensed minutes of the March 2nd senate meeting:
President’s Report, Quentin Becker
- For athletics we will still be the “pioneers,” but it’s something for people to get behind, something Alumni remember and donate to, and something to market the school with.
- Student opinion needs to be a factor in the Administration’s continued search we need to be polled and given opportunities to share our ideas.
Student Affairs, Claire Gardner
- Senators are working on getting bike racks and more accessible recycling.
- Senators are on the committee for renovating the Campus Center. Contact: Mark Sirianno and Pound Chen
- Library consultant meeting about how to improve the Library, all are welcome to attend. March 22 at 12:15.
- Summer Storage is happening this year, and will cost around $250 total for this year, after which it will (hopefully) be taken up by the University
- Continuing to work on Study Abroad. All those with interest or input contact Chloe Hunt.
Chief of Finance, Cole Green
- Alternative Spring Break trip to West Virginia to support sustainability practices, community health through gardening.
Civic Engagements, Religious Life are both helping to fund the trip. Passed.
- Community Service and Civic Engagement Conference. Passed.
- Southern States Communication Association Conference. They have applied to the University and WRC for funding. Passed to cover student registration.
- We have had instances of emergencies, or of students going missing/being injured in some way, and in some of these instances the school has not known where students are actually living. The school will be requiring that every student register where they will be living as a part of the housing form.